Vitaly Rules Google
On April 26, 2015, filth began polluting the clear water of my Google Analytics account. “Vitaly rules the world,” followed by dozens of smiling characters, appeared under Organic Search.
I admit, seeing this endearing emoji-stuffed line item made me grin. But don’t be fooled by this funny façade; it isn’t real traffic from potential clients. This year my Google Analytics accounts have been hit harder by spam than ever before. It started with spammy referral visits from simple share buttons, then progressed to semalt, and now this!
How to remove “vitaly rules google” from Google Analytics:
- First, go to the Admin tab of the desired view, click on Filters.
- Click +NEW FILTER
- In the Filter Name box, I used “vitaly rules google keyword spam exclusion” for quick reference.
- Select Custom Filter Type and Campaign Term from the dropdown box.
- In the filter pattern box put “vitaly rules google.”
- Click Save at the bottom.
Once these steps have been completed, vitally won’t bother you or your analytics any longer. If you need a better understanding of your website traffic read our articles on the basics of Google Analytics.