Our newest Fluidite has joined our development team and we couldn’t wait to get to know him better! So in our usual fashion, we asked him some questions – some off the wall, some deep and personal. And like the champ he is, Austin delivered.
What led you to choose a career in web development?
I was working a dead-end job that showed no promise of progressing financially for my growing family, and I needed a massive career change that could help me reach the life goals I had dreamt of since I was a kid. So here I am at Fluid, fulfilling those goals that I know will lead to a bright future… of world domination.
What brings you to Fluid?
While attending DevMountain, a web development bootcamp, I realized I would be better suited at a company that would allow for variety in the sites that I work on so I could never get bored. Fluid Advertising was at the top of my list, and I am eternally grateful that they decided to give me a shot.
Describe your fashion sense in one word.
What are you bringing to the table for Fluid?
Mashed potatoes, maybe some gravy if I’m feeling particularly jazzed that day. Also, creativity and fine attention to detail. I will not accept anything but the best from my work.
What was the last song you listened to?
“Lovefool,” by The Cardigans. It’s just too good.
What’s your least favorite part of web development?
Paying close attention to detail. Although I’m good at it and care about it, it gets old.
Is a calzone a sandwich? Why or why not?
No, it is not a sandwich. The calzone, otherwise known as the Calorie Zone, is where I live… most of the time. Just like McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A and Mod Pizza, the calzone is a beautiful thing that I just can’t live without.
What would you be if you couldn’t be a web developer?
A video game developer, ‘cause why not? It’s too cool.
Anything else we should know that wouldn’t show up on a background check?
- I am currently not authorized to work in the U.S. It didn’t show up in the background check because I stole someone’s identity. (Kidding, of course!)
- I have been recently converted to a jeans and flip-flops guy during the summer time.
- I believe there will never be a better song than “Lovefool.”
- I have also reached the age where I dislike most new music and am stuck in the 1990s and early 2000s. My kids are gonna hate me.
- What more can I say? I’m just a fun guy looking for a fun time, and Fluid is the best place for that.
Hopefully we can get him to perform “Lovefool” for us at our next party. Welcome to the team, Austin!