More and more professionals are finding it useful to include social media profile links on their business cards. Including links to your company/personal profiles on your card not only showcases your progressive approach to doing business, but it also gives your business contacts more choices in how they communicate with you.
A few easy tips on how to implement this:
- First of all, if there is one particular profile you would like to drive traffic to, only list that web address.
- In contrast, you can use the “the more, the merrier” approach by listing the URLs for all of your profiles – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube – so they realize how many options they have to connect with your brand.
- Print the web addresses in a contrasting color to help it stand out from the other information on the card.
- For recognizability, accompany the web address with the profile icon to draw attention to it (who doesn’t automatically know what the white ‘f’ in a blue square means?)
- Almost every company includes a link to their corporate website, but it is very helpful to also supply the address to your blog. This can often be more useful than your website because a blog has the ability to show the personalities, ideas and happenings behind an organization.
- How do you know how much personal vs. professional information to provide? A good rule of thumb is to keep it 50/50. For example, you can provide your mobile number, personal Twitter handle and LinkedIn profile while listing your company’s Facebook fan page and blog address.
OVERALL TAKE HOME: Whatever you try, make your card standout from others so you can leave a lasting impression!