The team at Fluid loves creativity. We are deeply passionate about great work and fantastic ideas that move people on an emotional level.
We believe that creativity “works” in advertising. What I mean by “works” is this. It gets attention. It’s memorable. It communicates on a deeper level than straight-forward ideas. There have been many studies about the effect creativity has in advertising. We at Fluid subscribe to that philosophy whole-heartedly.
But how do we do it? Thinking creatively doesn’t come to everyone naturally and it needs to be developed no matter who you are. In the creative department, we have a process that we use to push creativity in everything we do.
- We get to know the client and understand WHY this project is so important. Understanding “why” helps us to know the real intent behind the company’s motive for existing and understanding the real purpose for this assignment. When we get down to the nitty gritty we can help communicate those reasons to the customer and help develop ways for people to connect to our clients brand on that emotional level.
- Our Account Management team writes up a brief to help the project’s team members know and understand all the details we need to know about the project. This way, everyone who plays a role (designers, copywriters, digital marketers, web developers, project managers) understands the why, the strategy, and goals of our clients. We can come together to brainstorm ideas and be unified to serve our client’s needs in the very best way.
- The creative team members get to work. Usually a copywriter and a designer get together to concept. Concepting is the process where two or more people think of ideas. We bounce ideas back and forth. There are no bad ideas. It is a safe time to get what ever is in our heads out and on paper. This process lets the creative vibes flow and each person in that meeting feeds off of the other. Together we develop the better ideas and narrow down our best ideas to begin exploring.
- We then take those ideas to our Creative Director, Ryan Anderson, for approval. This guy is probably the most awarded creative professional in the state of Utah perhaps even in the region. We bounce our best ideas around in his office and he helps us to develop the ideas further and dump the bad ones.
- Next, the copywriter and designer goes to work individually and later collectively to write copy and design the visuals to convey powerful messages to our client’s customers.
- Every morning we hold a meeting in the creative department we call Conclave. Every one shares what they are working on. This is probably the most important meeting of the day. Here, we all talk about what is working and what isn’t. We help each other work through problems and celebrate what is awesome. Fresh eyes see all the projects every morning to elevate the level of work each person is doing.
- When the design work is complete, we then present the project internally to the original team in step two. Here we double-check the work to make sure it is on strategy and meets all the needs the client has asked for.
- The creative work is presented to the client. We collaborate with each other. We share the thinking behind each step and work closely with our clients to make sure we exceeding expectations to help our clients business grow.
This is how we do it. We put our heads together. We trust each other. We work really hard together to ensure we present to our clients our very best thinking. We want them to succeed in business. And we know the best way to do that is with the very best use of creativity to communicate in unique ways with their customers.