Businesses use social media like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn for a variety of reason.
The charts below are very interesting in what they reveal.
And social media is not just for branding. It can result in direct sales if utilized correctly.
An Twitter-exclusive promotion brought in 15% of their day’s business, an associate of Naked Pizza told Advertising Age. “Sure, there’s the brand marketing and getting-to-know-you stuff…but we wanted to know: Can it make the cash register ring?”
Apparently it did.
Recently, Ad Age offered five tips for marketing on social media platforms:
* Track sales made on social media.
* Don’t use Twitter as Facebook (and vice versa). Know what each can do and the strengths/weakness of each platform.
* Create a conversation with friends and followers.
* Sell last-minute inventory.
* Alert followers to changes.