Did you know that car shoppers think social networks are more reliable than a car dealer’s website when choosing a dealership to visit?
This fact alone should make it clear that your dealership should be using social media.
Whether you are or are not currently using social media, here are five tips that can help:
1. Market Creatively on Instagram: Instagram is a great platform to creatively promote your brand. By sharing pictures, you can help consumers imagine themselves in that moment. Whether it’s a picture of your vehicle at a tailgate, the beach, camping, near a lake, etc., consumers will be able to relate and will be more likely to visit your dealership because they can picture themselves with that car.
2. Video Marketing: According to Force Marketing, 84 percent of car buyers plan on watching an auto video the next time they search for a car. People in the market are searching for information on models, safety features, etc., and videos are a great way to help them learn this information and prompt them to buy a car. YouTube is a great place to put your videos for more organic visibility.
3. Use Pinterest: When thinking about social media, many people instantly think about Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but many forgot about Pinterest. Since Pinterest has a primarily female audience, people tend to not use it. But what better way to appeal to the female market than here? Pinterest is also a great way to build your SEO presence, which will help drive more traffic to your site.
4. Remember to Communicate: Social media is a two-way conversation. It is more than just simply posting pictures and sharing content. You need to make sure you are responding to comments and messages, answering questions, and replying to complaints. This should be done quickly; you should not wait weeks before doing this. Consumers not only want quick responses, but expect them.
5. Be Committed: Social media marketing can offer huge benefits to an automotive company, but you must be 100 percent committed. Once you have built a fan base, you need to continually interact with them. If you go several days or weeks without posting, you will lose he interest of your followers. Not only this, but you will lose your social credibility. And remember, if you aren’t engaging with car buyers on social media, your competition will be – and winning them over.
These five tips can either help you get started on social media or help you improve on what you are already doing. So let us know what is working for you!