If you’re a small business owner, your website is the central hub of your company, and it’s a vital part of marketing and branding. Getting your web design wrong can have a negative impact on your business.
Here are 5 common web design mistakes you must avoid to create a great user experience and grow your bottom line.
1. Poor Navigation – A good navigation structure should be seamless and will keep visitors on your site longer.
2. No Clear Action Calls – Successful calls to action can help guide users and address their needs while achieving your own business goals.
3. Color and Contrast – Aside from plain readability, color and contrast are important because they can be used to create visual interest and direct the attention of the user. It’s essential to pay attention to during the design process.
4. Content, Content, Content – A logical content hierarchy acts as a guide through each page and creates a more enjoyable user experience.
5. Clutter – Even the greatest content can become lost in a mess of words and graphics, so de-cluttering is key.
What other mistakes have you noticed on small business websites?