A business’s customer base is the life blood of its success. However, a business must continue to grow its customer base and create new sales leads. Identifying and converting leads is a difficult task, but neglecting this process will result in a stagnation of growth and maybe even negative growth. The following are five steps to help you create and convert leads to grow your business.
- One of the easiest ways to reach a large audience quickly is with social media. Mass amounts of people log on to social media sites everyday. The most common are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Out of all of those, LinkedIn has been the most successful at generating leads. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, seeing how LinkedIn is made up of working professionals. You are much more likely to hit your target audience in LinkedIn as opposed to the other platforms. LinkedIn’s working professionals will also most likely have more discretionary income to devote to your business.
- Employing SEO and PPC also works well for converting leads. Being easy to find and research online is critical to your success. You will want to use long-tail keywords to convert high-targeted searches. PPC helps with more broad searches. Almost 90% of consumers go to Google or other search engines to research products and businesses before they buy. Learn more about why you should invest in SEO and the dos and don’ts of SEO.
- Content marketing is also a great way to generate leads. Producing educational and informative content can help establish you as a thought leader in your industry. Being considered a thought leader allows you to develop customer trust faster and easier, which allows you to generate leads faster. This content could be in the form of blogs, white papers, seminars, case studies, and so on.
- Promotions are also a good way to find new customers. A popular way to go about this is to do cross promotions and marketing with a business that is not considered competition. Both companies benefit from further promotion and marketing, and they also get to meet customers from the other business and generate new leads. These co-marketing events can be very beneficial, but they do entail a significant workload to create and keep business alliances.
- Customer referrals are the best leads a company can have. The customer knows about your offerings and the needs of the one being referred. Leads from referrals are usually very qualified. On top of that, credibility will already be established since you were recommended from someone they trust.
These five ways to generate leads can do wonders for your business, both now and in the future. New customers grow your business and provide a foundation for future growth.