Direct Mail is one of the many services that Fluid Studio offers – When you are looking to make a decision, here’s a few question to ask:
- When the list was last updated?
Lists should be updated monthly, quarterly (average is every six weeks.)
- Will a summary report that breaks out the counts by zip code and other information be made available to me?
- You want your lists presorted by zip codes so that you receive postage discounts.
- Is there a minimum charge for the list?
Knowing the cost of names/thousand will help you to determine the rate you are receiving.
- How many times can you use the same list?
If you need the list to be a multiple-usage list, you can expect to pay 3times more than a single usage list.
- What are my label printing options?
Laser, inkjet, dot matrix, etc.You have the option of printing directly to the direct mail piece or having labels affixed to the piece.
- Can I include a secondary message?
ie, “preferred customer”
- Will I receive a verification of mailing?
Customers should be expected to Pre-Pay postage.
A good result from a direct mailing is a return of 2-3 percent.